Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Names Have Been Changed to Protect Identities

I have many, many good stories that arise from my daily work.

I teach 6th, 7th & 8th grade children how to improve their reading skills, and the teaching part is interesting enough; the lives and actions of my students push it to a whole other level.

It feels weird to even type this sentence, but my life is more interesting and unpredictable now than it ever was when I lived in Togo. In my previous life, the unpredictability of life was predictable. I expected to see naked woman walking around in public blowing a goat horn and dancing to Michael Jackson while balancing a chair on her head. In my public school life, I truly never know what I'm going to get.

There are laws that protect the identities of children, laws that I am grateful for as a professional educator, so I can't post names or pictures of students.

But I can share funny stories. Life lessons. Teachable moments. Ghetto pranks. Breakthroughs. Connections. Impacted lives. Changed lives. Saved lives. My daily work.

6 comments:

savita said...

Data Entry Outsourcing Projects Available at www.visionjobcare.com
visionjobcare.comoffers different types of outsourcing projects. Online data entry is one of the best home job for housewives, unemployed, students and part time job finders. Easy Job, just spend 2hrs. daily, & make massive monthly income. We pay you $5 per Assignment. Each Assignment of 5 lines.
For more details E-mail us at support.visionjob@gmail.com
Visit Us at http://www.visionjobcare.com

fialka012 said...

velmi zajimavĂ˝ blog...

Colleen said...

That's nice. You are teaching children. When I was a kid I dreamed that someday I become a teacher and teach children not studying because of poverty. Thanks to you.

Seattle Real Estate

keepcloser.com said...

we invite you to join the newest social network KeepCloser.com
www.keepcloser.com

andy said...

Belstaff, which is riding a fresh wave of fame on the backs of stars such as George Clooney,Hogan Shoes Online has accused the McQueen family of letting other companies rip off the Trialmaster jacket once owned by the actor and scooped up
Asics Gel Shoes at auction in For decades it was a match made in heaven: the Hollywood idol and renowned motor racer bestowed iconic status on Belstaff by adopting its Trialmaster < align="left">Belstaff Mens Bags as his jacket of choice off screen as well as on.

Jim said...

Part of Office 2007 users may not be able to open by the Rights Management documents. Microsoft released three patches for Microsoft Office Ultimate 2007, fix the vulnerability can not open a specific file.