Saturday, November 17, 2007

How Exactly Did You Find Our Blog?

It's fascinating to see how people come to find our blog. Our Site Meter tells us where people clicked in from, including from search engines like Yahoo and Google. It also tells us what keywords were searched for to find us. Here's some search terms people have found us with over the last few weeks:

1. "July 18, 2007 Africa" - I guess we posted on this day, and we live in Africa, so.....

2. "Sam and Nancy Shewmaker" - Apparently they have a fan club that searches the internet thirsting for information about our good friends in Rwanda...

3. "Soumdina" - This is the partial name of a village where there is a Kabiye church...but how somebody in Athens, GA new that, I'll never know...

4. "Africa Adventures" - I have to admit, this one was very personally satisfying for me (Brett)...

5. "Toyota Hilux Wreck Pictures" - I have to admit, this one did not make me smile...

6. "West African CFA" - Our local currency, which you can learn absolutely nothing about by reading this blog...

This is just a small sample of how people find us here. Some people come by simply typing "Emersons Togo" into a search engine, but that's just not that much fun!

2 comments:

Kevin and Laura said...

I just have to say that your blog header/picture is one of my most favorite pictures ever. It couldn't be any better. I could go and on and on about how this picture is going to mean the world to him when he gets older, how beautiful all the children are, how perfect the color is....okay I'm going to stop. It is magazine worthy. I think I need a copy.

Robyn said...

Hi Emersons,
I came to your blog from doing a google image search for an image of the continent of Africa with a lit candle. I hope its ok that I'm using it as my profile pic on Facebook as part of a week of prayer for Kenya. Please let me know if its not ok and I'll take it down straight away.
Incidentally I'm interested to find your blog anyway, I'm an MK whose parents worked with SIM in Somalia, Ethiopia and Kenya so I love mission blogs! :)